Wednesday, May 20, 2015

waterpark part 2

So I want to discuss the inside waterpark!  The best ride HANDS DOWN was the storm chaser.  I had ridden a similar ride about 8 years ago at the Wisconsin Dells waterpark..  You basically go 6 stories straight down in a large square tube and then into a cone shaped object where you go up and down up and down until you shoot out the bottom.  This ride is rather scary.  Isaac and I were SO excited.  These tubes are so heavy there is a machine that brings them up to the top.  So we get to the top and there is a MINIMUM weight!  With my recent weight loss and Isaacs inability to gain weight, we only weighed 185 pounds.  The minimum was 200.   So basically everytime we wanted to ride this we had to find two people riding alone or one person to ride with us.   Luke rode this ride too several times.  It was very very fun.

The boys and I with a stranger


There was another ride directly next to this one which we called The Allen Family Ride.  It held up to 5 people (YAY!) and a minimum of 42 inches tall.  It was also six stories up and was a tiny bit scary but fun.  This was Libbys favorite and I think she felt like a big girl when she rode it!

There were the typical double tube rides as well.  You had to be 42 inches to ride with an adult and 48 inches to ride alone.   I swear after walking up and down those steps you would have thought i would have lost 10 pounds!  Also you had to carry your tube up for those if you want a bicep workout!



The wave pool there was HUGE and we loved it.  The only problem is that Luke appeared to be drowning every time the waves started.  He never was drowning and he was smiling but the way he swims apparently made the life guards very nervous.  They got off their chairs multiple times to check on him!  Yeesh!  


The hot tub was nice and it was half inside and half outside.  The rules state 6 and up.  Of course people had their toddlers in there!   The first night we were there, someone spotted poop in the hot tub.   Nate and the kids got out of Dodge but I stayed to investigate with the life guards.  It wasnt poop!  It was an arcade ticket!  Shew!   I just had to know or I wouldnt have been able to go back in that thing.

One thing I will mention (and this blew my mind)  Alcohol sales.

I bet the majority of the wilderness money comes from alcohol sales.  There was so much liquor in this place you would have thought you were in a nightclub.  I was flabbergasted.  I mean who ON EARTH would get drunk while watching their kids swim?  These were those huge fishbowl type drinks.  People were getting loaded in the hot tub too.   When we checked into the hotel we signed something saying that we would be arms length from any child under 12 while at the park.  It was unreal the amount of kids unsupervised.   Clearly I wasnt shocked because everyone was drunk!  UG!

Some other things I will mention

  • for every average weight person I saw, I saw 2 obese people.   I still say they should stop making bikinis over a size 12
  • there is a balcony outside the restaurant overlooking the waterpark.  Makes one very uncomfortable when fully clothed people are gawking at the swimmers
  • TIME SHARES.  There is a desk right outside the waterpark where wyndam is trying to sell time shares.  They offer you the moon if you listen to their spiel.  I knew about this ahead of time so I avoided eye contact



No comments:

Post a Comment